Friday 14 September 2012

Baby Brebles goes to the formal!

The purpose of this post is purely to share how handsome my brother looked going to his year 11 formal on Thursday night. His date, the truly lovely Clara, looked absolutely beautiful. 

They matched perfectly. Their sandy hair and blue eyed complexions matched Alex's pale blue shirt. His champagne coloured tie matched her dress and the pale yellow roses that made up the corsage tied in wonderfully.

We have known Clara's family since the families each came to exist, Clara's Mum and my Mum became friends in early high school. Clara and Alex have known each other about as long as they have been alive and have always got along famously.

Clara was just about the ultimate dream formal date for a teenage boy.  Ever since they were tiny, Alex and Clara have seemed to be at complete ease in each other's company. It's hard to avoid the fact that she's an absolute stunner, resembling something like a combination of Brooklyn Decker and Taylor Swift. As well as gorgeous, Clara is outgoing, bubbly and intelligent. She is the kind of girl you can take to any occasion and know she'll get along with everyone. 

That being said, little brother isn't a half bad formal date either. I'm yet to come across a teenage boy who likes being in a suit more than Alex! I think he'd be perfectly happy to wear it everyday. A lot of teenage boys look awkward and physically uncomfortable when suited up but Alex looked like he was born to wear one and he did so with a cool, calm  confidence. He looked very sharp and he has such nice friends, so I was confident he and Clara would have a great time.

From a big sister's point of view, there is significantly less to do for a brother going to the formal than a sister. I did Kate's hair and makeup for both her formals, as well as being involved in dress selection, which I loved being a part of. We usually allowed 2 hours of preparation time on the night. 

All Alex had to do to get ready was have a shower, a shave and put on his suit which took all of about 25 minutes and required absolutely no input from anyone else! I wanted to mark the occasion in some way, so I got him a bottle of nice smelling man-fume as a gift. All Kate and I really had to do on the night was play paparazzi!

Since my own year 11 formal was a little bit of a disaster, I was only too happy to live vicariously through my brother and revel in the smiley, happy, perfection of it all.

Brebles and Cla




2 comments:

  1. Hi Liza
    I think I have worked out which course you might be pursuing next year and if I am right, then I think it looks great and should suit you (noting your joy at being back into gym also).
    I do enjoy reading your blog, it also helps me feel that I am keeping on touch, given that I am a dinosaur who is not on facebook. though luckily Joey let's me look at the odd photo etc.
    I agree about Alex and the suit, he looks very cool. I can see a maternal likeness in Clara in one of your photos. I imagine they had a great time.
    Not much school left for Joey now, the term finishes this week, 1 week of some revision courses she wanted to do, 1 week of trial exams, 2 weeks of next term I think and then that's it. I cannot believe it. things will go quickly for Alex too next year.
    ciao for now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Al,

      I will applying to do sport and exercise science / business (sport management) double degree at Deakin next year. I'm really excited about it. I felt really good about the decision straight away but I wanted to sit on it for a little while to make sure I was sure. It feels like I'm deviating from the prescribed path but I can't wait to get started.

      Coaching again has been the best decision I've made. Naturally, I already want to take over the place. I'm doing my accreditation course on the weekend, which will be good.

      Jo is on the home stretch now! Year 12 is such a short year.

      I'm glad you're enjoying my blog and thank you for reading it =)

      Delete

Please leave a comment =)